Hello Hello! My name is Kiran, and I am the owner behind MirchiTales, previously Kay’s Caramelized Confessions. I am a marketer by profession, and a food blogger by accident.
I did my MBA a couple of years ago, and decided to major in marketing because I didn’t like finance. Started off with a career in market research, and discovered a passion for the food & culinary industry along the way. Started food blogging as a hobby, and after a couple of years converted my hobby into a full time career.
The many titles that have been applied to me over the years are food blogger, food writer, food producer, recipe developer, and project manager of a recipe portal. There are a few more that I want to add, and I hope I get to do that as I immerse myself into the wonderful world of food.
How it all started:
A batch of chocolate cake that resembled brownies is how I started blogging. I had just started working, and I was supposed to treat the colleagues to dessert. Instead of ordering the same thing from outside and paying double the price, I decided to bring something home-made. It was just more affordable, plus there was the personalized element too. And people loved them. In fact, they loved them a LOT!
Cooking for me has always been something that is given. It was just part of those chores that one does as part of a household. But at that moment I realized that perhaps I do know how to cook & bake better than the average person. And if I do, then maybe I can start sharing that with people. So I started exploring my interest in food, and that’s how I became a food blogger.
What you will find on my blog:
- Flavour – the key to make even the most boring food tasty is to pack it with flavour; and my flavour profile is Desi. So my recipes will be packed with flavor. No pinches of salt and a dash of black pepper; here the recipes will have spices and herbs to tantalize your tastebuds and make your mouth water.
- Desi Fusion – recipes that are rooted in tradition but with a modern twist to them making them simple to understand and quick to make for the contemporary Desi cook.
- Wholesome Food – I don’t believe in dieting, but I do believe in a healthy lifestyle that lets you enjoy what you love, just in moderation. Don’t skip the oil, just minimize it.
- Quick recipes – I work full-time, and yet I want fresh home-made food also. The only way I can manage is by incorporating techniques in my recipes that let me either make a meal in under 45 minutes, or incorporate techniques that cuts down my prep time. BUT not all of my recipes will be quick. There are recipes for date nights and fancy parties, but those again will have tips on how to plan-ahead and organize yourself.
- Travel & Lifestyle – Though most of my posts will be recipes, I will also share my travel adventures with you, and lifestyle tips on home decor (or well kitchen decor), how to host parties, menu planning and more.
Get in touch with me:
For all media queries, collaborations, sponsorships, or any and all questions drop me an e-mail at email@example.com